I’ve worked with many different clients and news agencies, writing and producing stories about interesting people, historical events and the important issues of our time. I love the diversity of the subjects I cover and the ability to work with both words and sound. I love what I do and I always strive for excellence, so I am humbled by the awards and recognition I have received for my work over the years.
CLIENTS I AM GRATEFUL TO WORK WITH:
- First Place, Radio Feature, 2015 Society of Professional Journalists Page One Awards, for Peggy’s Dreams: Living life with Down syndrome
- First Place, Feature-length Radio Documentary, 2013 Society of Professional Journalists Page One Awards, for Third Home from Burma: Minnesota’s Karen Community
- First Place, Spot News, 2007 Society of Professional Journalists Page One Awards, for daily reporting on the closing of the Ford Motor Company plant in St. Paul, MN
- Honorable Mention, Radio Documentary, 1999 Associated Press Award, for my series of stories based on my trip to Iraq in 1998
- Journalism Fellow, 2005 RIAS-RTNDA Journalism Exchange Program. I traveled to Germany, Brussels, Belgium, and Poland with journalists from around the country chosen to participate in this prestigious fellowship program.
- Fellow and Mentor, 2004 and 2006, Ted Scripps Leadership Training, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellow, 1998 National Press Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO AND BELIEVE IN: